What kind of doctor should I have my parent see about their incontinence?

When it comes to incontinence, choosing the right doctor or healthcare provider can make a big difference. Start by getting in touch with the individual's primary physician. Then follow up with any other healthcare providers they recommend, which may include the following: 

Urologist: A doctor who focuses on the treatment of disorders of the urinary system.

Continence Nurse: A specialist who supports patients with bladder or bowel issues.

Physical Therapist: A professional who helps patients rebuild control over pelvic muscles to help prevent incontinence.

Reaching out is the first step to helping someone you care about feel healthier and more comfortable.


Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Please reach out to our eNurse team for any protective hygiene questions. Contact Now!

Source: Prevail eNurse Team.



Get around-the-clock support from expert nurses.

Get the latest on leaks

Click below to sign up to get our newsletter.